Expression of Interest (EoI) Stage
Please find the GRMF HEAT Background Documents here.
GRMF HEAT provides grants to developers through competitive, transparent and rigorous two-stage application and evaluation processes:
- The first stage is an open pre-qualification process inviting potential Applicants to submit their Expressions of Interest (EoI) by a specified closing date. Based on the evaluation of these EoI, shortlisted developers will be invited to participate in the application stage.
- In the second stage, applications from shortlisted developers will be accepted by a specified closing date.
The pre-qualification process comprises the following activities:
- Potential Applicants of the Request for EoI will be informed by means of promotion activities (e.g. the kick-off workshop).
- Request for EoI will be posted on the Facility webpage.
- For inquiries for clarifications regarding the EoI, Applicants shall submit questions via e-mail to the following addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for inquiries is 14 days before the closing date of the pre-qualification. Inquiries received after the deadline will not be considered. Inquiries will be collected and answers will be published, without eligible entity’s or inquirer’s details, on the GRMF webpage.
- The deadline for submission of pre-qualification documents may be extended by issuing an amendment or addendum. Also, the content of the Request for EoI might be changed by amendment.
- The Applicant shall send one electronic version of the completed pre-qualification document as well as one signed original hard copy of required declarations and cover letter as specified in the Request for EoI to the tender box within 8 weeks of the Request for EoI being posted on the Facility webpage (the precise date will be indicated in the Request for EoI). The arrival date and time of the document is relevant for consideration of the EoI. EoI received after the deadline or not in the required manner will not be evaluated but will be returned unopened to the Applicant.
- Only complete EoI which are in line with the required submission form will be considered for evaluation.
- Expressions of Interests will be evaluated according to a predefined methodology that will be specified in the Request for EoI.
- Applicants will be provided with the feedback presumably within 12 weeks after the submission deadline for EoI.
- Shortlisted Applicants will be invited to participate in the mandatory pre-bidding workshop and in the application stage.
On 1st December 2022 from 3 pm to 5 pm (EAT)
the GRMF HEAT kick-off workshop took place in form of a webinar.
The webinar started the Expression of Interest phase.
The presentations can be downloaded here:
To participate in the tender one electronic copy (searchable PDF file) of the complete pre-qualification documents has to be submitted to:
Copy to: TizitaT@africa-union.org;email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line of the email has to include the procurement number: AUC/IED/DU-AR01/001/22
The size of email attachments shall not exceed 10 MB. In case the attachments are larger than 10 MB, an upload link can be requested from email@example.com. However, to participate in the tender, an email containing the following signed and stamped scanned documents has to be sent to the email addresses above:
- EoI – Cover Letter
- EoI Appendix 1 – Declaration of Acceptance and Adherence to Procurement Standards
- EoI Appendix 2 – Declaration of Non-Existence of Rejection Grounds
The deadline for submission of the Expression of Interest (EoI) applies to the email, as well as to the upload via upload link.
The deadline for all submissions is: 16:00 H Ethiopian Time on 16th March 2023
The Applicant has the full responsibility that the original version of the cover letter and the declarations are in total compliance with the electronic copy. Evaluation results coming up from discrepancies of submitted versions (original or electronic copy) are not disputable. The arrival date and time of the documents is relevant for consideration of the EoI. EoI received after the deadline or not in the required manner will not be evaluated. The AUC may extend the deadline for submission of pre-qualification documents by issuing an addendum.
Questions and Answers
Any inquiry regarding the pre-application process shall be submitted via e-mail to both of the following addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Deadline for all inquiries is on, or before 12:00 H (noon) on 2nd March 2023, Ethiopian time. Inquiries received after the deadline will not be considered. Answers will be published, without eligible entities or inquirer’s details, on this website.