GRMF HEAT – Expressions of Interest
The GRMF HEAT bid opening took place on 27thMarch 2023 at 10:30 am (EAT).
The following Expressions of Interest (EoI) were received.
|Project Code||Name of Bidder||Project|
|01-SHH-09-ET||4th Resource Corp||Harmokale|
|01-SHH-11-TZ||Diageo Great Britain Limited||Serengeti Brewerey|
|01-SHH-12-KE||Rift Valley Institute of Science and Technology||Nakuru|
|01-SHH-16-UG||Ministry of Mineral Development Uganda||Kabuga|
|01-SHH-17-UG||Ministry of Mineral Development Uganda||Karungu|
NOMINATION OF A COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE AS A MEMBER OF THE GRMF OVERSIGHT COMMITEE
The African Union Commission’s Regional Geothermal Coordination Unit (RGCU) is currently searching for a country representative as a member of the GRMF Oversight Committee (OC).
We hereby request the Energy Ministries of the GRMF eligible countries to propose a candidate.
A candidate with a background in geothermal is preferred. Please note that the candidate cannot be involved with a GRMF-funded project by a public or private developer. The position offers no financial compensation, except for travel cost and accommodation in case of personal meetings.
As a member of the Oversight Committee, the country representative of the eligible GRMF countries takes a supervising role while fulfilling the following tasks:
- Discuss and decide on major organizational issues.
- Discuss and decide on any special case in the GRMF operations that is not clearly regulated in the GRMF Standard Documents.
- Approve or reject applications to the Facility, based on the EoI Evaluation Reports for each Application Round.
- Recommend refining the Facility to ensure that its stated objective is met. The OC
s recommendations will be based on the finding of reports prepared by the Auditor, Legal Advisor, the Regional Geothermal Coordination Unit (RGCU) and a Technical Consultant.
- Adopt and amend the GRMF Standard Documents with support of the RGCU and a Technical Consultant.
Yo can get in touch with the RGCU here.
Your GRMF Team
Click here to view the news archive.